Monday, September 21, 2015

My Monologue's Character


The character I read as, Sue, does not have a detailed backstory but one that provides a basis for the monologue. In the beginning of the monologue, Sue is talking to a police officer and offers to help the officer in any way she can. She states that she respects officers a lot and that her father is one. Because her father is a police officer, she has a lot of admiration for them. Sue and her mother worry a lot about her father because being a police officer is a dangerous job. They often watch the news and see reports of injured or killed police officers, which gives them great anxiety because they don't know if Sue's father is okay. The setting is not clearly described, but I imagine that it is Sue sitting in her room telling this monologue, waiting for her father to come home late at night. I think that for the blocking, I will start off sitting down but will eventually stand up and start pacing around because I want to portray that I am anxiously waiting for my father to get home so I know he is safe. When I say the line "I'd watch him from my bedroom window and when I saw him come home, I could finally sleep", I will stop my pacing and sit down back in the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment