Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pringles or Ruffles or Aliens?


To my surprise, Abby and I finished our scene today, and I think we did it very well! Today, I was very nervous about performing our scene. I wasn't feeling that great today and the weird schedule today totally threw me off my game. However, I felt very focused while doing our scene today. Abby and I were planning to go last because we had gone first the other day, so we were a little nervous going up to perform after watching Jack and Duncan's scene.

Abby and I had a lot of fun performing our scenes. We both really got into character. I remember practicing with her the other day and we just burst out laughing because we both could never imagine being so rude, especially to each other. It was a stretch for both of us, but it was such a fun scene to perform. I've always been the type of person to be super patient and understanding of people. If you read zodiacs, the Libra is often portrayed as the easygoing doormat of the signs that just wants everyone to be happy and peaceful. I am a Libra and most of these zodiacs are absolutely true for me. That is who I truly am, but growing up I've always loved e mean characters in movies. One of my favorite mean girl characters as a little kid was Tess from Camp Rock, who was a rich girl that had 2 loyal followers and hated everyone else. Totally opposite of me, but I've always loved these characters! Now, my favorite mean character is Regina George from Mean Girls.

Both of our characters are rather rude and unfriendly, which is what makes the scene so funny. I think we did a really good job at being snotty and passive aggressive until the end where I trip Barbara (Abby). It's silly to think that such a thing as chips would cause such an argument, which is why I love the scene. One thing I think we both could've improved on our scene is fanning out more. For some parts, I was faced towards Abby and you could only see a side profile. However, I think our facial expressions, vocal tone, and body language was great. Our characters were fun to portray and I think we did a great job in character development exercises which led to a good performance.

I really enjoyed Jack and Duncan's scene as well. At first, I thought the scene was horrible and I had no idea how they could pull it off. The time they performed it the other day, I saw great progress. I really liked Jack as the alien and Duncan as the agent. I can tell being an alien was a stretch for Jack, so I think he did a great job! It became a really funny scene as well; at first I did not find it amusing at all. It's weird, but I like watching things get knocked over/destroyed. I also think they did a great job portraying the scene as a hallucination, which I thought they would have trouble with. I would've loved to see Jack to a weird alien-y voice, but I think it still worked out fine.


I can't wait to see the last scene tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment