Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Second Star to the Right!


I am very proud of my performance in Peter Pan! It was the most lines I've ever had in a play and I was in every single act. It was a big accomplishment for me and one of the best play experiences I've ever had. The first night, I was extremely nervous. I was terrified that I would miss my cue and very nervous that I would not get changed in time. Thankfully, I did not have any problems with the quick changes. I was rushing a lot to get changed, however. The first night I believe was my worst performance simply because I was so nervous. I'm usually very calm before plays but I was stressed out on the opening night. Erin really helped me calm down when I was backstage in Act Two and I was really grateful for that. I then became less and less nervous the more I was on stage. On the last act, I did break character for a little bit. When Mr. Porter said his line, the audience was hysterical and some of the people around me were laughing too. I bit my tongue, but I knew I was smiling a little too. The next performances I did not laugh or smile, but it was really hard simply because of how funny his voice was and how much the audience enjoyed the line. The second performance was also a success, but I was bit tired from the last night's performance. I think the whole cast was a little exhausted and unfocused, but we still did a good job I believe the last night was my best performance because I was very focused and had experience on stage. A lot of my friends came Sunday and I was really happy that they came. They enjoyed the show and I was happy that they did. I am very proud of the cast, crew, student directors, and Ms. G for making the play a great learning experience in acting for me. I had a great time and can't wait for the winter musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment