Friday, November 6, 2015

In-Class Writing: Dramatic Scene


Second Choral Dialogue

The scene that I am performing with Abby and Alexis is a very dark one. It is about three women who encounter firsthand a plane crash that kills 71 people and recall the events. My character is an unnamed woman (Woman 2) who experiences the tragedy. I was driving to the petrol station when I see the plane crash and then I see a man who is holding the body of his daughter. Like the other two women, I also see the other bodies of those who died in the plane crash.

The scene is a hard one to reform because of how horrible the event is. For this scene, I am trying to convey that I am a woman who witnessed a horrible tragedy that will forever be scarred. However, I have been trying to show my emotions and voice in a monotone way, like I am trying to tell the events but keep myself calm and not lose it as I remember them. I think at one point I should show severe signs of PTSD (maybe on the line "we saw the bodies ) and start to panic/have a nervous breakdown. I don't think this scene requires too much movement, but I would like to work with Abby and Alexis to add a bit more. I like what we have in the beginning with the stepping forward and the raising of the head. In the end, I would like to close with a bit more movement.


When we perform this scene, we are planning to hold lanterns with both of our hands solemnly. We will also have dark music playing softly in the background to add to the element of sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment